Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Saturday Morning Cartoons




It’s the recap of the week; a minor info blog posting to hit the highlights and low lights of the preceding week.

There were no needs for a daily blog except to say I’m getting better, each day is slightly better than the day before but way better that it was a week before.  Tomorrow is different tomorrow is important blog day, be sure to tune in.

Had a long trip home on Tuesday, switch issues on DCTA A-train had it running an average speed of 2.5mph.  That’s right, took two and a half hours to get home.  I left the office at 3:40 and pulled into my drive at 6:00.  But overall, in the scope of things, this was no big deal, just part of life.

Wednesday night I had tomato soup for dinner. All I managed to get down was one small bowl.  It was pretty acidic and didn’t feel all that well on the throat. I continue to try to figure out what might taste better and go down easy.

Thursday meal treat was chicken mushroom soup, creamy chicken mushroom soup. It tasted great and went down pretty easy. One bowl because that’s all I made up.  Filmore your days are numbered.

Free food Friday at the office, I will not be denied.  I don’t care if it is pizza I am having some.  Well that little ego trip wasn’t worth the effort. The Pizza was 2in by 6 inch pieces, it not round pizza but rectangular thin crust stuff. I managed to eat the topping off 1 piece. It didn’t taste right and was too hard to swallow. But I did get it down.

Friday night was the rest of the chicken mushroom soup. About half way through I decided it needed some kick so I got out the hot sauce. You know I like really hot stuff but I cut way back on the amount I hit it with. Good thing, the ability to enjoy hot spicy food is missing, two or three dashes made it too hot to enjoy, the mouth on fire i couldn't finish it.

It is so dang frustrating to smell something that triggers taste memories but then doesn’t taste right.  Getting closer, except that right now everything has a chalky taste.

Filmore popped its’ top early Saturday morning so my plans for sleeping in were thwarted.  I needed clean sheets on the bed anyway.  Filmore your days are numbered.

This thing is rough but you can overcome, stay strong and know you have lots of people pulling for you. It can be beat and will be beat.

I got to start work on the Sunday missive I promised, dang it Bobby, you should have kept your mouth shut. Nothing like a little pressure to enable the writers block.

Quote of the day:
Marie De Vichy-Chaconne

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

4 comments:

  1. A few years ago, a friend of mine had almost the exact same kind of treatment you had. She also loved all things hot and spicy. It took several months, but she finally was able to get back to where she was before and enjoys it all the time now. Your time will come, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Marti - I wouldn't what to do if I couldn't have my Thai and Mexican foods. Right now I'm eating pudding, soup and oatmeal, I need to expand my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I have a great recipe for potato soup I would be happy to make for you IF you like potato soup and it wouldn't cause your diabetes to go crazy. I'll tell you the ingredients so you can decide: obviously potatoes, onions, celery, carrots, butter (yes, real butter), velveeta cheese, half & half. All the veggies are in very small pieces so it is very creamy (and I could make the veggies even smaller). Send me an e-mail if you would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pete - Isn't it about time for an update? Maybe @ May 11th? I know you see the internist today to find out what your "internals' look like. good luck with that. And another appointment tomorrow ... I would call but I've decided to let you save up your voice for things like barking this fall at the football games.

    ReplyDelete