Total Pageviews

Monday, August 17, 2015

Leg Points – Blind pig finds acorn


So the nationals are over, as a member of the TSRA Precision Pistol team we did pretty well. As an individual didn’t do too bad either.

Final count was I managed to pick up 20 of the thirty points I need to be awarded the distinguished pistol badge.  Not bad, picking up any leg points is usually an accomplishment. I should know it has taken me 8 years of serious competition to get these.

I was in the right place at the right time. A small Arms Marksmanship school is conducted by the AMU for non0distingushed shooters on day one of the nationals. I shot it because I wanted to get in some practice. Then turned out I won the match. Cha Ching, 10 leg points in the bank.

Later, on the last day of the matches,  I picked up 10 more in the 45 EIC leg match. If I can find my paper work from 1974 I can import the 8 points I won then.  That would leave me 2 short. Film at 11.

This here shooting is getting a tad bit expensive, between fuel to get to the matches and ammo, both for practice and matches I am pouring a ton of money into this hobby. At least it keeps me out of bars at night, can’t afford to drink.


Up next, New Mexico state championships and the week after the regionals in Wichita Falls.

Eminus magnus sclopeta

No comments:

Post a Comment