Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Laissez les bon temps roulez

The good times, but three years and three months ago I woke up to the fact there was trouble in River City.

So many ways it could have gone, good thing my head was screwed on straight. I could have given up but I chose to fight.

Whit the help of my friends, prayers from a lot of people, and skill and dedication of the doctors, nurses, and helpers at Texas Oncology, we fought back and kicked charleys ass.

Towards the end, it was rough. And the recovery wasn't very pleasant either. But as I said, all the support I got from family, friends, and sometimes, complete strangers, I made it.

For a while, I was going back in every two months and then I graduated to once every three months. two years of that and we moved to a six-month schedule.  Once a year we do a PET scan and so far those have come back clean.

Today was the regularly scheduled visit to the radiation oncologist. and I got the following news:

With the type of cancer I had, being cancer free at two years, there was a 95% chance it wouldn't return. Being cancer-free at three years, it is considered to be cured.  The doctor used that word, CURED.

Not throwing the bucket list out, I got things to do, places to go, and people to meet.  I have a compassion for others fighting the battle, I want them to know they are not alone in their battle, myself and other survivors stand with you.


I hate charley and charley hates Hawaiian shirts.

Laissez les bon temps roulez 


No comments:

Post a Comment