Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

End of Mission




Guess this makes today the first day of the rest of my life.. Got some healing to do, As I understand it, radiation keeps on working for several days/weeks after the last dose.  But I am betting that the physical effects are lessening as we speak.  Wonder how soon it will be till I can feel the strength returning to my swallowing muscles.  

Over all a good day yesterday, the tornadoes didn’t get me, slept through the worst of it, gag and puke is way down.  Hope to make it in to the office today, working from home hasn’t been all that successful and now I am having VPN issues.

Think I’ll A-train it tomorrow, that way I won’t pay for parking and still get to ride the train.

Some things don’t change; I currently have 4 doctor appointments scheduled in the next month.  Am I that nice a guy they just can’t let me go? Actually it is 3 doctors and 1 dentist.  The questions I have are when do I lose the medi-port, and when is Filmore out of here?

Right now I have gag and puke under control but have zero stamina. I laid down for a rest yesterday afternoon after getting logged in to work at noon and woke up at 10.  And this after only 14 hours of sleep the night before.

So if I make it to the office,  I A-trained it, if not I’m asleep again.



Weight today – 205
Blood Pressure – 120/78

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

6 comments:

  1. Good luck. We're thinking only the best, most positive thoughts for/about you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onward and upward...GO, PETE, GO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you don't feel like driving to the train, I will drive you and/or pick you up - heck, I'd drive you to/from the office if you trust old ladies driving you anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pete the old lady next door is a keeper. You are lucky to have some one to be that close and that concerned about you. Need to plan a break out, pig in the ground celebration when you are up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Pete, looking forward to seeing you back around the office

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have the pig, and we bought a 35 foot long fifth wheel just to set up so you can have a king size bed to rest in. Need to get with King James about butchering and cooking and have a big blow out. Been feeding lilly-pig and fattening her up. Just waiting for your swallowing muscles in your throat to kick in and fillmore to be removed!

    ReplyDelete