Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Weekend Day One



That’s right; it’s the weekend, and so far it is shaping up to be a great one. You ever wake up and just know it’s going to be  great day?  Today is like that, I am expecting great things.

Maybe it was the fact I slept straight through for eight hours, and finally feel rested up. Maybe it the fact I can tell the throat is making progress, it isn’t right by a long shot but it is moving in the right direction.

Sipped a little coffee yesterday, very little, but it wasn’t water. In fact I even ate about an ounce of chocolate malt. The best part is the chocolate malt it did sort of like taste like chocolate

All I need to do is to start forcing fluids by mouth since the taste is moving from dead rat taste to a more natural flavor.  Makes swallowing a tad bit easier. Yeah the taste buds are re-awaking and maybe there is hope on dumping Filmore.

Filmores existence is predicated on my inability to take enough nutrients by mouth.  Once I can do that, Filmore is history.

I have the oncologist doctor appointment on Monday,  That’s the first follow up but not significant in assessing the results of the treatment.  More like a meeting to schedule the follow up  and to make sure I’m at least trying to get better.

I want to go back to work in the office five days a week. That’s because if I can do that then I have regained my strength and am no longer on a first name basis with Mr. trash can. 

Right now the crap in my throat has the consistency of peanut butter, you can’t seem to clear your throat and trying to usually leads to a gag reflex episode that most likely involves Mr. trash can. I hate it. I want that crap gone, at least it is getting better, from once every fifteen minutes to maybe once an hour, the throat is getting better.

Talked to warrior child yesterday, he has found an amazing product for me so stay tuned to here about it.  He is busy juggling family, school, the army. He is one amazing young man.

Faithful minion help fill the garrison brothers keg yesterday. Retirement keg is working. There are two, possibly three wine kits to be decanted and racked this weekend. It may be time for patty to start her last kit. I need to build up my wine inventory for the day I start drinking wine again, I got time to make up.

Porch garden is looking good, all pepper plants are up and looking strong. I am hopping that they can stay on the front porch another thirty days before I have to move them to the back yard.

It’s the week end – I plan to max it out, I have tomorrow to rest up if I over do it.  It’s going to be a good day.

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

8 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you sounding more like your old self every day. Your positive attitude has been really amazing and, I truly believe, one of the best things you have going for your speedy and successful recovery. It is just wonderful to hear every day you sound better and better. Just keep it up. We continue to follow you every day and want you to know we are thinking about you with lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been working in my garden. This evening I will put out 8 tomato plants, 4 egg plants, 9 pepper plants, plant 2 rows of squash, 2 rows of okra, 2 rows of black eye peas and whatever else I find in the seed box. Also have 8 tomato plants for mom's container garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. plant me some cucumbers, 2rows of okra? 2 okra plants produce all the okra you can eat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victoria and thomas are going to fund their vacation with the money they earn selling their produce. We need plenty of okra. I will add some cucumbers for you, anything else???

      Delete
    2. The five mystery plants !! You forgot to mention the five mystery plants

      Delete
    3. I don't give the mystery plants much hope. They were pretty puny.

      Delete
    4. Well with an attitude like that .... !

      I have every confidence that the mystery plants will thrive and then be mysterious.

      Delete
    5. They actually looked better today.

      Delete