Total Pageviews

Monday, April 2, 2012

Magnificent Monday




It was a good one, this day known to all as Monday, I was pumped as it was second to last radiation day and the last chemo day of the treatments.

Hell, chemo day has always had to be one of the better treatment days, I think it has to do with the happy bag that gets hung as part of it.  And other than a tendency to drift off to sleep I fell pretty good during and I feel great afterwards.

Pope Buford stopped by to drink a cool one and delay his departure to cardio re-hab. Near as I can tell,, his recovery program is lot better then the one outlined for me, I get no beer.

Posting is being made today from princess, the laptop, the HP workstation suffered a designed flaw and I didn’t think before I chose a course of action which was just about the stupidest thing I ever die.  More about that later as I attempt to recover any thing possible from secondary sources.

Anyway we digress, Sunday night Monday morning I had a 2 hr gag and puke about 2:30AM. So I was so ready to be getting up at 5 and meet this day, the end draws near, the end draws near.

To honor this last chemo day I wore the ’86 ensemble, got a load of complements on the combo, I think the Panama hat was the crowing glory,  here be pictures:

With matching green compression bandage


In the chemo lab, special chair for me

 I don’t care who you are, that’s styling . . .


As we head to the finish area, there is no finish line just a place to check up see how we’ve done.  You, don’t really beat cancer, you might beat it into submission or run it out of its current hiding places but the cold hard facts of life is that it’s out there,

charlie is opportunistic, I can fight cancer I can be cancer free, but I must always remain vigilant, he might be back. I have my first follow up in three weeks. First PET scan is in about 90 days.

I’m feeling pretty good right now, happy bag from chemo hasn’t worn off yet, but it’s a good feeling not like a buzz, but I have clarity about this situation right now, a clarity that is lost in lala land while I’m puking. 

Thanks for all the support, one last day in this operation,  in fact I’ll call it now, end-op at 12 noon, tomorrow, operation kill charlie is complete and operation APB-BOLO PETE’S #1 Enemy Charlie starts. 



Weight today – 204
Blood Pressure – 99/71

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

9 comments:

  1. Great news all around. Hope the gag and puke ends this week, and the recovery goes smooth.

    Old 6th Squadron 6th US Cavalry "Six Shooters" of the 11th Attack Helicopter Regiment motto... always ready, strike deep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - they did get a good colour match on that compression bandage ... a fashionable lettuce green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very stylish outfit Pete. It suits you well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a good fighter, Pete...an inspiration, even. Cancer teaches you a lot of things - some bad, scary lessons, but some really good ones, too. You've stayed on the positive which is no easy task. Wishing you all good things from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a very stylish outfit, Pete. Glad to see you looking so good, and so proud of how positive you have been through this whole thing. Prayers will continue that things get better every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is quite an outfit. That coffee should be a margarita to match those clothes! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dang. that outfit makes even you look good. another festivus miracle!

    when do you get to drink? i been saving a bottle of some special stuff for this end of op celebration. abby and i are going to tech on april 13 - thought we might drop in on you on the 14th and share it with you. its an appropriate mixer with the cisplatin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go, Pete!! Looking good...inside and outside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. God is good - all the time! So thankful for answered prayers. Yep, you'll always have to be vigilant, take it from another survivor. Love you Pete, you've always been a dear friend to Bob and me. Hope you feel better every day and get excellent Pet scan report.

    ReplyDelete