Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Chemo Nadir Day

Seems kind of funny, but its Thursday when the chemo day finally catches up to me. At least the last 3 Thursdays have been pretty much unmitigated disasters, but who’s counting. Today is going to be a good day; I can feel it in my gut, no wait, that’s the feeding tube. Oh well, hope for the best and enjoy the ride.

Pointed out to me last night how sick I am.; sick in the head. It was pointed out that I usually post best after a bad day or bad experience. But crap, those things are a lot more interesting than the fact I sat at my desk and worked on boring things. But I’ll let you in on a secret; if it comes down to it, boring over bad, everyday of the week.

Yesterday, the world’s most unique shirt arrived from my mom. It’s a recycle, wore one time back at one of the very first Adams family reunions. I’m talking about back in the 70’s I think. There is no way to describe this shirt but to take a picture of the recurring theme.



Now you know why it was worn once. But it does have a certain appeal.

Yesterday a mile stone was reached in the course of the treatment plan but another went almost unnoticed. This bad boy can once again fit into 36 inch jeans; this is like a whole new wardrobe is once again available for wear. I knew holding on to those jeans was the right thing to do :)


So on to meet the day, think I’ll go down a couple of cans of breakfast and greet the morning.

Today's shirt:



Misc items:
Svelte looking dude’s weight this morning 209.5
Feeding tube acts like pop off valve when straining a bit to hard.
Also feeding tube is a two way device, if the plug is out, you leak, a lot.


Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

6 comments:

  1. What people need to appreciate is that the colours in that shirt are suffering from 40 years of fade. When it was brand spankin' new people would go blind if they looked directly at the lime green and neon yellow of the art work. We had such exquisite taste in those days - the infamous banana head shirts and the beach house that washed away in the hurricane. Good times, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe I was afforded one of those shirts. The hi-island house was largely built from hurricane floatsam to start with.... what the hurrican bringith the hurricane takeith away. (I might still have some of that shark in the freezer) Good times, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeans....do you still have your evening dress uniform?

    ReplyDelete
  4. pete overlooks the matching bermuda shorts with the mr and ms banana shirt. since you can handle a 36 waist - shall i send my shorts along? you're going to make the ultimate fashion statement if you wear coordinating top and bottom.
    @pope - it was 1987 and only mom and dad got the shirts as gifts. purchased at joskes @ baybrook mall - now long defunct. all the fashionista wannabes ran down to joskes and snapped up the remaining stock. i can't help it if you were the slow one. i also can't help but wonder what the people at joskes thought - those things had been on the rack a long long time and all disappeared in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ John- It was 1986........ But you are right, only mom and dad got to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to see a pic of Pete in his evening Dress blues !

    ReplyDelete