Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tuesday !

So, yesterday pope Buford comes by after work to check on me, or did he?, perchance he wanted to ensure that I had actually worn that fine shirt he provided. Proof is what you see is what you get. As I opened the door I am pretty sure the flash of orange cause him to take a step back , shield his eyes and realize the shirt was on.

So today I wear one from Sissy, and as like the one from Monday, it to is a parrot shirt, it is a subtler shade of red, adorned with purple parrots. Looks like last week was fish this week parrots, so far.







Dudes, these are some fine shirts, if I was up to kicking up my heels I would be out at the bar strutting my stuff. Guess the ladies will have to wait it out till I’m man about town again.

Chemo went fine, still feeling the Mr. Happy bag of drugs that is included with the course of treatments. Without that one I would had been in bed at least twice by now, instead I am about to go enjoy another double chocolate shake of the low carb design.

Dr. Visit went well except for low blood pressure, seems losing 32 pounds might have had a good effect on the blood pressure and now the benicar is working too well, my new instructions are to watch the blood pressure.

Also Dr Nguyen was very pleased he could no longer feel the secondary mass that was so apparent in my neck at the start of treatment, and that’s a good thing.

Looks like the plan going forward is going to be something like this; end of mission is on the day of the last radiation treatment, that’s ether 30 March or 3 April. Healing and recovery should run for about four to six weeks with a PET scan scheduled around week 6. This tells the tale; the PET scan is used to locate any active sites that might have survived.

I think today or tomorrow I make a decision on short term disability, it’s getting harder and harder to get to and stay on task at work, I’m just so tired. That I think is the worst part of this, being so tired all the time.


After a few sips of clamato juice I decided to pass on the rest of it. I’ll try something new today.

Weight today – 207 might be due to the 3 liters of fluid I received yesterday
Hair loss – none
Sunburn – not so bad


Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

7 comments:

  1. Ophthalmologist accused me of staring into the sun… says my retinas should return to normal within a week or two provided I don’t do any more sun-gazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote short term disability. It will get you back to work for the long term sooner, plus it helps you avoid bugs you don't want to meet right now while your resistance is down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pete - did you know the shirt from me is the same one that Tom Selleck wore on that TV show set in Hawaii and one just like it is at the Smithsonian? I picked it out because I know how cultured you all. Also like Marti I vote short term disability.

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course, the risk in short term disability is that management may not notice you're out which doesn't bode well for the future.

    saw a bumper sticker today "not so lean, not so mean, still a marine". looking to see if they have one in stock that has the first two clauses eliminated. you could slap it on your now skinny butt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. prefer the term lean as opposed to skinny

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should do the short term disability. You'll need to be well rested. We've got the sixman liar's club shindig & the fishing trip this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pete, mom says that you can take short term disability and have Brandon drive you to Midland. There you can relax on the couch and mom is sure that 'serial killer' won't bother you a bit. (But if he does, it will be with a smile upon his innocent little face.) Remember mom work 25+ years for the vet, she knows how to care for sick little animals.

    ReplyDelete