Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dust Bowl Dry

Drier than a West Texas Playa lake in August, we talking drier than OC Fisher in San Angelo, all shrunk up and cracked, that’s the condition I think my neck is in. ‘It’s accumulative’, that what they keep saying, what they should be saying is it isn’t going to be getting better for a while, just worse.

My neck is a dark tan, somewhat akin to the color and texture of an old, dried up saddle. Come to think of it, neatsfoot oil and saddle soap are about the only two things I haven’t tried on it to ease the burn.

On the plus side, I look like a oil rubbed bronze work of art, at least my neck does.

I plan on working from home again today, Yesterday it worked out a lot better than I thought, thanks to Alex getting the kinks out of my VPN connection.

Thanks for all you guys that weighed in on the ST disability issue, I have decided to move forward on it, I am being less effective every day and the stamina just isn’t there. After I logged off last night I think I was asleep in less than 5 mins, just sitting on the couch.

Today’s shirt is provided by ether Miriam or Donna, these two beautiful ladies sent me a couple of shirts but I don’t know if they were individually picked out or a joint effort. So today and tomorrow, shirts by Miriam and Donna!!

Hawaiian Sunset in Paradise Aloha shirt:




Feed bags hung - 1
Weight today – 206
Hair loss – none
Sunburn – maybe not as bad as yesterday,
Throat – dry and scratchy


Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

9 comments:

  1. Nice shirt - Duke blue is always a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your going ahead with th ST decision. I really worry about your level of energy, you need to conserve, conserve, conserve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fajita, I've kept quiet on the topic til now... but if you think getting a STD is the way to go.... just saying

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pope, won't all that radiation take care of an STD?? Pete, glad you are going to take some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well... obtaining the STD may be the funnest part he will have in this whole ordeal...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you decided to do the s/t disability. You know if you ever need me I am the closest. I don't want to drop over as that would likely be the very time you were resting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought Pete already had an STD. He was always complaining about itching & burning...

    ReplyDelete
  8. how are you going to get an std? isn't your personality intact? i thought that was the best protection money could buy.

    and whats wrong with a leatherneck - they can use you in a recruiting poster now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is why I hate acronyms, but the real reason I have fought the Short term is the 42 page application process and the requirement to burn PTO[paid time off], to make up the portion not paid by disability.
    Right no it looks like I need a 1-1 ratio of up time to down time during the daylight hours and about 2 hrs max at a time. Getting pretty close to useless.

    ReplyDelete