Total Pageviews

Monday, March 26, 2012

Smooth Sailing Sunday

Sunday was another good day of sleeping and sleeping. No visitors that I was aware of, but then I was asleep a lot.

Faithful minion did some clean up and I appreciate it. Being worn out all the time, is takes everything I got to stay semi-caught up. Nice phone conversations, (two), both short, which is good as I can barely talk and the throat really is in a bit of pain when I do.

But overall, in the grand scheme of things, Sunday was a success. I hope to leverage that success in to a great chemo day. This may be the last chemo day. I will find out for sure when I see el doc and have a final planning session. But this I know for sure, seven(7) radiation days remain, and these are been shortened versions of the initial blasts I was getting so, no problem, piece of cake.

Seven days and the throat can start the return to a painless state, I can’t wait. In fact the healing starts after Thursday, I figure that’s the last low day of the course.

Today’s fine apparel is provided by Aimee and Rich, from the Hawaiian Clothing, Aloha Shirts Honolulu, we have the Island Dolphins in Blue with a boarder of red hibiscus flowers as accent.






It almost time to go wage war against charley, I truly feel we are in a cleanup operation mode now, but we are going to lay down a full assault of chemo and radiation to make sure that sucker is dead. A long time ago in West Texas, an old Mexican man told me one of life’s great truisms, “. . . something mess with you, kill it, it never mess with you again.”


Weight today – 201.5
Hair loss – none, still need a hair cut
Sunburn – under control
Throat – dry and scratchy and hurting
Voice – disgusting croak


Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

3 comments:

  1. Your voice is a bit raspy, but I wouldn't call it a disgusting croak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things get better for you very quickly. And we hope this was the last chemo day for you. Take care, we love you, Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pete the shirt from Aimee and Richard is spectacular. Pete will you wear my shirt one day. I am doing good in school. Some nights I write in my journal.Love Bella loves you

    ReplyDelete