Total Pageviews

Friday, February 24, 2012

Attack of the Killer Potatoes

First of all, I want to apologize for not posting this morning. This led to several inquiries as to the state of my health. Not to worry, I was up and kicking but had stayed up late last night working on a downed site and started back up at 5 this morning.

Work got in the way of play :(

But where was I? Well yesterday I left off talking about 2012 Counter Space Odyssey. You remember the thing that’s more than a blender, the thing that is going to keep the Doctor from allowing me the pleasure of a feeding tube later down the line.

Today one sits on my counter. Thanks to a hunting buddy. Never saw that one coming, Heck, I was excited to think I was going to be able to borrow one. But he ups and delivers me one, new, in the box.

Then there was the flash of genius, James had schooled me pretty good in the day-to-day operations of this thing so I decided to partake on some potato soup.

Like most chef wannabe’s, I felt I didn’t need a recipe. James made an awesome soup without a recipe; I was betting I could also.

Almost; Threw two potatoes in the microwave to get started, to the Vitamix I added some spice, a clove or two of garlic, come shredded cheese, soy milk, Worcestershire sauce, cottage cheese, 4 little carrots and half a stick of butter. After the potatoes are done they go in also. I kick it into high gear and it makes, . . . . something.

Smooth as a baby’s butt. Almost the consistency of peanut butter just a tad bit thinner. Has all the tastes of the best mashed potatoes in the world, Slides down the gullet so that goal is met, but it’s not soup, guess I should have added more silk milk. Or used a recipe, and no excuse for that, I got a whole book full of them.

Oh, it also set up stiffer than concrete and glued the odd spoon to the bowl as well.

No morning nuke scheduled as they moved today’s torture up to 2:30.





Today's Shirt





Laissez les bons temps rouler

No comments:

Post a Comment