Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Getting a Valve Stem Installed

Well technically it’s not a true valve stem as it’s connected directly to the heart.  And anybody that’s watched enough TV knows injecting air in your blood stream is a way to catch the death.

It has two major parts:
  Part one is the part I call the target, it lies like a golf ball just under the skin and its where they plan to jab needles into me.
  Part two is the garden hose that runs down into the just before the heart.  They threaded it into the major vein returning blood to the heart.

You can check it out at http://www.markfuscomd.com/port.htm

The process took about 3 hours, I was in la-la land during the procedure, semi awake but caring not a wit. Come to think of it, I was a pretty good mode about 6 hours after.  I remember heading to Bass Pro to buy something, found the receipt in among the paperwork. Can't remember what I bought but it cost 86 dollars.

I digress, this thing gets its first use next Monday. I’m sure to make note of that experience.

All this fun and games cost me the equivalent of a new Barrett 50 cal.  Things are happening at a pace that is almost untenable, there’s a lot to keep up with. Got a chemo class to attend,  a mask to be made, and the dentist, I hate dentists.

No comments:

Post a Comment