Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It's all a roller coaster

Life’s a rollercoaster, starts slow and steady then you have a series of ups and downs and sometimes these are scary.

One of the reasons I delayed telling so many of the issues I’m facing is I wanted to try to figure out how to spare them the roller coaster effect. I have a sweet niece who’s upset and worried. But she hasn’t come to see this from my perspective.

She’s sad and worried, that’s a luxury that youth really has. Old farts like me have seen some ugly stuff and realize in perspective that some things are not all that bad. One of my mantra’s is if they can’t kill you or put you in jail, it’s not that serious.

I worry about another niece, a lot. That one has some medical issues that would be scarring the britches off of me if it was me in that condition. Hell I worry about all my nieces and nephews; they got to survive this thing called youth.

My days are not a series of ups and downs, after a round of chemo I’m not supposed to drink alcohol and should limit caffeine intake as well. Seems the chemo is pretty caustic stuff and I’m supposed to give my kidneys a break.

All I did today was retire a shirt and get nuked. Pretty easy from my point of view.

Not drinking? , now that makes it hard to live my motto - Laissez les bons temps rouler

No comments:

Post a Comment