Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The gargle is back

This great adventure is fraught with surprises. My gargle is back.
Yeah, you heard me, my gargle is back.

Ten years ago I when through a private sort of hell known as a rhinoplasty. Or, as us veterans of such a procedure refer to it, we got our sinus roto-rootered. An infestation of polyps in the nasal cavities reduces the ability to breathe through our noses to zero, zilch, nada.

Short out patient procedure and you’re good as new. Of course it looks like you took a Louisville slugger to the face for a few days, and if I remember right, if feels like it also.

Mine had a side effect that couldn’t be explained; I had lost the ability to gargle. Any attempt to gargle and I had a gag reflex that sent spew all over the bathroom mirror. I couldn’t gargle. In fact I seem to have acquired a super gag reflex. Oh well, I learned to not try to gargle or stick fingers down my throat.

This week I discovered that the loss of teeth seem to have included my gag reflex. I can gargle again; I just spent a good ten minuets entertaining myself with gargle music. You do it to, try gargling some tune and enjoy it.

See – a new side effect, I assume this is one of the quality of life issues. Gargle is a good thing.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

No comments:

Post a Comment