Total Pageviews

Monday, February 13, 2012

Gamma Ray Man out The X-Ray Kid in

Chief Radiation Officer explained her machine uses high power X-rays not gamma rays so I can’t be Gamma Ray Man. Number two name of choice is The X-Ray Kid.

Strange enough, The X-Ray Kid says Laissez les bons temps rouler As well.

Zapping Pete went well, of course all I do is lay there. No panic attack and I was able to keep my mind on other things. If your ears were burning I apologize for what I was thinking.

Here I am On the board with butt load of x-rays on the assult:


From the room with the big xray machine I headed to the lounge. Kind of like the admirals club at the airport except no free drinks, lots a juice and stuff but none of the good stuff.

I picked out one that has a sign behind it saying Marine Parking Only. I parked my big butt in that chair. And the drink service was quick and efficient. They actually hooked me up so I didn’t have to do anything. (7K medi-port paying off!!)

For the next 6 hours I sort of choked down 2 cups of coffee, Had to get those myself, a Liter of saline, 500 milliliters of something that is supposed to help with nausea, then 250 of a Benadryl solution, another liter of saline and the thing I been waiting on, charley poison, Cisplatin

Cisplatin is one bad muther. There are going to be side effects. But not to worry they go away after treatments are over.

Common side effects occurring in 30%+ of all patients:
Nausea and Vomiting – just like after happy hours but with out the guilt of having drank to
much.
Kidney toxicity – hence all the extra water I am drinking
Low white blood cell counts
Low red blood cell counts
Less common –
High Frequency hearing loss – no sweat, I already got that
Loss of appetite
Taste Changes – I guess Hawaiian shirts are out
Hair loss
Fertility – whoa thar hoss, we isn’t going there

Actual chemo isn’t all that bad, except for the need to go pee every 15-20 minuets. But they want to keep the kidneys flushed out

D+1 is radiation only as is D+2,3,4. We do round two chemo on D+7 and start the Radiation treatments over for that week.

We should start a pool on the time I blow chunks for the first time, all monies going to Bruce's Livestrong collection efforts. http://laf.livestrong.org/goto/BruceLeslie his company and he is matching whatever you can donate.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

No comments:

Post a Comment