Total Pageviews

Monday, February 20, 2012

R E S P E C T it’s the little things.

Aretha sang it, I say it, respect
Tuesday morning nuke session coming up. Today I got to waxing poetic in my throughts as I lay suppline in repose on the nuke treating table.

Wasn’t much else I could do. Crap, I'm like bolted down and as the chinch up the mask even tighter than the time before. It's all like "stick you chin up in there", CLAMP, "tilt your head back a bit", CLAMP, "can you move? No? good!" CLAMP, CLAMP, CLAMP.

HA HA HA HA, I can wiggle my toes . . .

Did you ever get a dental x-ray? They position you just so, lay a lead blanket over the important parts, then they don a suit of lead that weighs about 200 pounds, waddle behind a lead covered wall, looking out through lead x-ray proof glass, then PFFFT it’s done. They might take 4 or 5 but they want to limit the exposure time, for you and them alike.

Fast forward to Radiation Oncology lab, I’m bolted to the table, No lead apron is shielding the important parts, and the first blast is like PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT, I counted, 38 seconds. And we ain’t talking namby pamby dental x-ray here. We talking super conduction, linear accelerator, super colliding destructive forces of nature X-rays, Yeah capital X-RAY.
And we ain’t done, machine moves to get a different angle and administers another 45 second blast, and moves again and goes after me like a frankfurter in a Microwave. I counted a total of 345 seconds of DNA altering, cell blasting, cooking going on.

Speaking of which, In the mask I can’t see what’s going on but damn it I can smell and I can hear. I think they were popping popcorn on me while nuking me up. And they didn’t offer me any after they set me free, just patted me on the head and said sweetly, “see you tomorrow”.

Ya got to love ‘em, Laissez les bons temps rouler

1 comment:

  1. You should run yourself through a weekly pro football style combine, to test for increases in agility, ability to climb walls or leap over skyscrapers. Radiation mutation may lead to superpowers.

    ReplyDelete