Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Little Shop of Horrors – part deux

Dollar signs to donuts this is going to cost me.

He’s the damn Professor and Chair, Department of Periodontics at Texas A & M Health Science Center, Baylor College of Dentistry.

He is board certified. Of course I have learned in my lifetime that if you need a professional get board certified, it’s well worth the money.

He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology, don’t know what that means but I think he gets to charge me an extra 20%.

He is a retired Colonel in the U. S. Army. Okay, that’s in his favor, I trust officers for the most part.

He works me in which as I understand it is no easy task as he sees patients only 1 day a week. Does an exam and works up a treatment plan to get me ready for the treatment I really need. I am scheduled to have a major remodel of my mouth.

Seems the radiation treatment is going to have a lot of long term adverse effects on my mastication abilities. Better to take preventive measures than take the chance that later on I have issues.

Oh, and I was right, this is going to cost me.

No comments:

Post a Comment