Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Crazy as a Outhouse Rat

Yeah, I think my doctor might not be telling me everything. The weekend is supposed to be devoted to R&R. That’s right, rest and relaxation.

So what do I find happening this fine Saturday morning? Nausea, the kind that seems to make an appearance after a long night of imbibing strong drink.

Only I’m being good to my liver and kidneys, well, except for Thursday night. Last night the strongest thing I had to drink was a bit of cola on my ice cream float.

So I find myself cracking open one of the medicine vials, the weak one for nausea, not the strong one for nausea and vomiting, the one just for nausea. Hope this works.

But inquiring minds want to know, what is this wonder drug Prochlorperazine?

To the Web! And I’m all like what? Is there something I should know? It’s used to control severe nausea AND treat the symptoms of schizophrenia.

Schizophrenia , a mental illness that causes disturbed or unusual thinking, loss of interest in life, and strong or inappropriate emotions. Ok, two out of three might apply but really, me Schizo?

Don’t answer that, it’s better if I don’t know.

mmmmmwwwwahahahahahaha – Evil genius at work. Make that sick evil genius at work.

4 comments:

  1. I think that drugs been around a while. Lost in the mists of time (literally back before your oldest was even born) the doctors gave me a drug to stop the vomiting (pesky tick bite) and one of my friends who mistrusted the medical establishment something fierce researched every drug I was given ... same thing the drug to stop the vomiting was treatment of choice for schizophrenia. Like I ever lived that down! Also I seem to remember the drug did nothing for the nausea - just made it impossible to vomit. Hope they've improved it over the past 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey - i see from PubMed Health that prochlorperazine is contraindicated in older adults with dementia.
    you sure that is the drug of choice for you? i'm just saying.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. more like a serious placebo, it cap the nausea from progressing and as long as I stayed busy no problems.

    Sometimes I think I am the worst patient ever I read into symptoms all the worst possible possibilities.

    I do get a bad case of dry mouth after chemo. I bet I've drunk two gallons since 3 PM and am thirsty right now, working on the 4th refill of a route44 sonic cup of sweet tea.

    Oh, also making many trips to the lil boy's room

    ReplyDelete